Travel Markets Insider Newsletter Vol. 18 No. 41

The Travel Markets Insider newsletter is attached to this post as a PDF file. To open the PDF file, please click on this link.

 

In a big breaking news story out of Miami, Edrington has purchased WEBB‘s share of Edrington WEBB Travel Retail Americas, the joint venture partnership it formed with Andy Consuegra’s World Equity Brand Builders in 2015. TMI understands that the buyout is taking place at this time due to the excellent results achieved by the joint venture, which has nearly doubled sales over the past two years. Consuegra, meanwhile, formed a new JV partnership in January of this year, WEBB Banks, which specializes in Caribbean wine and spirits distribution. Look for more new developments from the fast growing group in the not too distant future. Full story on page 1. 

AIRPORT NEWS.
 
Hudson Group wins duty free/ retail concession contracts at Raleigh-Durham International AirportDufry inaugurates new Hellenic Duty Free stores. Page 2.
ASUR increases ownership interest from 50% to 60% in San Juan airport operator Aerostar; Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board takes over the other 40%. Page 3.
PEOPLE. 
The Estée Lauder Companies announce Global Brand Leadership changes and a transition plan that will affect four of its prestige and luxury brands. Page 1.
RESEARCH.
CiR’s American Border stores insights reveals channel potential. Pages 4-5.
SUPPLY SIDE.
Patrón Tequila launches travel retail exclusive limited edition Collector’s Gift Tins that celebrate Mexico’s artistic tradition. Page 2.
Special Feature:  Blancrux aims to disrupt the travel retail cognac category. Page 4.
Next week:  Looking forward to seeing many of you in Rio de Janeiro at the ASUTIL Conference.
Puig and Motta Internacional bring 212 VIP Fun Fair animation to Panama’s Tocumen International Airport. Page 3.
Travel Markets Insider © 2017