Aer Rianta International (ARI) has re-opened The Loop international store at YUL Montréal- Trudeau International Airport. The store has been closed since March 24, in line with the government order for the closure of all non-essential outlets to contain the spread of coronavirus.
ARI’s team in North America has taken a wide range of measures to protect and enhance the health and safety of its passengers and the ARI team. These measures have been clearly communicated to customers through video and written communications so that they can plan their airport shopping in advance, reports the company.
Speaking about the re-opening, Jackie McDonagh, General Manager, ARI North America said: “We have been working extremely hard over the last number of months in collaboration with our brand partners and the airport teams to prepare for this momentous day. We have taken every measure possible to ensure the safety of both our staff and our customers and are genuinely excited to be back to business. We have an incredible campaign supported by once in a lifetime commercial offers to enhance customer experience as they come back to our stores.”
“I am looking forward to opening our other stores in Winnipeg, Halifax, and Québec City when the time is right,” she added.
The safety measures undertaken by ARI-NA in Montreal include:
- Extensive staff training on all new safety measures.
- Mandatory wearing of face masks for all staff and passengers
- Socially-distanced and simplified queue management systems were put in place, with floor graphics and signage visible throughout the stores.
- Cleaning processes have been enhanced including sanitizing of frequently touched products and surfaces.
- Hand sanitizing units are located throughout the stores.
- Protective screens are in place at checkouts.
- Customers will now scan their own boarding cards at the checkout desk.
- Use of contactless payment is encouraged although the stores will continue to take cash for those passengers that want to use up the currency in their wallet.
The transborder store at YUL Airport will remain closed for the moment until the Canada / USA border reopens. All other stores within ARI North America will remain closed for the moment.
ARI is also preparing to launch its new website for YUL Montréal- Trudeau International Airport. The website will enable passengers the option to save time at the airport and shop online. Using the Click & Collect convenience service customers will be able to shop online up to 90 days before they fly and collect their purchases in-store on departure. The website will be available to passengers within the next 30 days.
Other ARI stores currently open are at Bahrain International Airport, King Khalid International in Riyadh, Cork and Dublin in Ireland, Beirut in Lebanon, Larnaca and Paphos in Cyprus and ARI’s operation at Qatar. ARI Global Teams are sharing customer behavior learnings, best practices and innovative experiences across the group to enable delivery of the ultimate customer experience in this new world.